WHAT WE DO
We are dedicated to providing responsive professional service based on nearly 30 years of accounting experience with nearly 20 years focused on forensic accounting.
Our practice provides litigation consulting and expert witness testimony covering a broad range of industries including professional practices, real estate, construction, retail and manufacturing, among others. Our commitment is to providing timely service in a professional, cost-effective manner with an eye toward conflict resolution.
Working closely with attorneys and their clients we provide professional consulting services in the areas of business valuation, forensic accounting, complex family law analyses, loss of earnings and benefits resulting from personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and employment issues, and economic damages resulting from civil litigation disputes. Additionally, Mr. Kaseno has frequently been appointed as a Section 730 expert in family law matters.
Mr. Kaseno’s family law experience includes the following:
- Determining income available for support in complex cases.
- Valuation of small and medium-sized businesses.
- Tracing of community and separate property interests.
- Complex Moore/Marsden calculations.
- Analysis of marital living standard and children’s living expenses in high asset divorces.
- Apportionment of stock options between community and separate property.
- Apportionment of retirement plans.
- Analysis of apportionment issues including cases using Pereira and Van Camp
FORENSIC & INVESTIGATIVE ACCOUNTING
- Analysis of detailed business records, both paper and electronic
- Interviews of key personnel, and documentation of systems and controls
Calculation of personal loss of earnings in cases related to:
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
CIVIL LITIGATION DAMAGES
Development and rebuttal of sophisticated computer economic damages models to determine lost profits in matters involving:
- Breach of contract
- Professional liability
- Construction defect
- Antitrust issues
- Business interruption cases
- Federal Rule 26 Reports
Valuation of closely-held businesses and professional practices in connection with marital dissolutions, pending purchase and sale transactions, partnership and corporation dissolutions, condemnations, business
EXPERT WITNESS TESTIMONY
- Qualified as an expert witness providing expert witness testimony in family law and civil litigation matters on numerous occasions
- Appointed by the Court as §730 Expert and has provided expert testimony involving family law matters